At Merchants Bank we are dedicated to delivering superior service in many forms, including all the banking conveniences you’ve come to expect. That means that we have some exciting new changes coming up: we are getting an upgrade to our personal and small business online banking system. Here is everything you need to know about this new online banking system (or watch the video).
- On March 17 you will go to the usual place to login to online banking – the home page of Merchants Bank website or use the Merchants Bank mobile banking app.
- You will start by using your current login credentials. Then you will be prompted to confirm your information and update your password. It may be helpful to have a copy of your most recent statement or your checkbook to reference.
- You will need your phone (cellphone or landline) next to you to verify your identity with a two-factor authentication process.
What will update automatically:
- Merchants Bank accounts set up for transfers and scheduled transfers involving these accounts
- Small businesses – administrator and user login access will migrate.
What you will want to update in the new system:
- Your account nicknames
- Any external account information
- External linked accounts (non-Merchants Bank accounts)
- Small business administrators – You will need to reset your secondary user entitlements. If you have multiple users, you may want to record your current user access rights prior to March 17 so you can reset accordingly in the new system.
What You Need to Know about Mobile Banking:
- You do NOT need to download a new app. If you have auto-updates turn on, your app will update automatically. If you do not have your smartphone set to auto-update, you will receive a notification to update your app.
- Your mobile and desktop online banking logins are the same – it’s the same system.
- If you’re having issues, call your local branch or call 1-800-944-6285.
Now for the fun new features:
- Credit Score – Check on your estimated score and get tips for improving your score
- Customizable Alerts that can be pushed to your email or cellphone
- Send secure messages to Electronic Banking
- Submit a secure travel notification
If you have questions:
Stop in or call your local branch.