During “Swipe Out Hunger,” the Merchants Bank’ sixth annual Facebook Giveaway, the Bank will be donating five cents each time a Merchants Bank credit card or debit card is used and $100 for every checking or savings account opened between August 1-8, up to a total of $10,000, to area food shelves.
The “Swipe Out Hunger” giveaway will work like this:
- Supporters of area food shelves will be able to vote once per day between August 1-8 for their chosen food shelves on the Merchants Bank Facebook page (www.facebook.com/merchantsbank).
- At the end of the giveaway, the food shelves with the top three vote totals will receive donations of $2,500 for first place, $1,500 for second place and $1,000 for third place. All other food shelves will evenly split the remaining $5,000.
Participating food shelves were nominated by Merchants Bank locations (Bank locations making the nomination are noted in parentheses). A number of locations nominated the same food shelf based on which organization serves the needs of their community. Participating this year are:
- 360 Communities (Lakeville)
- Cannon Falls Food Shelf (Cannon Falls)
- Channel 1 (Rochester)
- Feed My People (Eau Claire)
- Friends in Need Food Shelf (Cottage Grove)
- Hastings Family Service (Hastings)
- The Hunger Task Force (Onalaska)
- La Crescent Food Share (La Crescent)
- The Open Door Pantry (Apple Valley and Rosemount)
- Randolph Food Shelf (Hampton)
- SEMCAC (Caledonia, Lanesboro, Rushford, Spring Grove)
- Hometown Resource Center (St. Charles)
- Winona Volunteer Services (Winona, Lakeside, Goodview)
“It’s a privilege to work with our local food shelf on Swipe Out Hunger again this year and provide a platform to help spread the word about the necessary and valuable services they provide to our community,” said Greg Evans, Merchants Bank President & CEO.
Last year, Merchants Bank donated $10,000.00 to local food shelves through Swipe Out Hunger and 3,627 votes were cast. In it’s five-year history, the campaign has donated more than $50,000 to food shelf partners in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Everyone is invited to vote for your favorite food shelf by visiting the Merchants Bank Facebook page during the campaign (August 1-8).
Contest rules can be found at bitly.com/SwipeOutHunger2018