We can never overstate the importance of protecting your online security, especially when it comes to your business’s use of Online and Mobile Banking. These top tips from our Electronic Banking Specialists to help reduce security threats:
- Never share log in IDs and passwords. Each individual user under the business should have a separate log in and password.
- Delete inactive/dormant profiles. Remove inactive users, whether former employees or accountants. In Merchants Bank Online Banking, you can make these kinds of updates through the Preferences tab.
- Never have your browser or phone remember passwords. Always type in your password. While it may seem a bit inconvenient at times, it greatly increases the security of your account information.
- If logging in on a mobile device, be sure your phone or tablet is password protected. In case your device is lost or stolen, you don’t want the fraudster to have access to information you have on your device.
- Be sure to keep contact information up to date for yourself and other users. It’s very frustrating to request a password reset and not receive it due to a bad email address. To update your information with Merchants Bank, give us a call.
Bonus Tip for Business Online Banking Supervisors and Business Owners: Review your company users annually, checking what access they have to which accounts. Also, review debit cards the account may have open and close any cards that are no longer used. Both of these quick reviews will help reduce fraud on business accounts.
To learn more about our Online and Mobile business banking options, click on the appropriate link below: