If you suspect fraud on any of your Merchants Bank accounts, please contact us as soon as possible. You can:
- Stop in to your local branch.
- During business hours, call the Customer Service Representative at your local Merchants Bank.
- After hours, call (800) 264-5578 regarding your debit card.
- After hours, call (800) 325-3678 regarding your credit card.
According to the terms and conditions of your account, federal regulations require that if your statement contains electronic transactions you did not authorize, you must notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, or within 14 days for draft/check by phone, or check disputes.
Here are the steps we will take together when you identify an unauthorized transaction. We will:
- Determine if a transaction is truly fraudulent, a recording or processing error, or a simple miscommunication with the business or store.
- Assist you with calling the business to try to identify the charges subtracted from your account.
- Help you initiate a dispute by completing a Dispute Form. You will need to come to the bank to complete this paperwork.
- Contact you, as needed, for additional information during the dispute process.
- Notify you via mail with the results of your dispute.
During Security Awareness week, June 1-6, 2015, Merchants Bank shared a fraud prevention tip each day. Click here to view previous tips from this week: