Merchants Bank will never initiate a phone call or email asking you to verify your Social Security number or account number. If you are asked for this information from another company, please proceed with caution.
Merchants Bank may, however, contact you in the following situations:
- If mail is returned for incorrect address and we do not have record of receiving an address change request from you.
- If you are in the process of opening an account with us and we need additional information.
- If you have submitted an Online Bill Payment and there is a question on the address or company information.
- If you are enrolled for Online or Mobile Banking and have not used them for a period of time, or your Online Banking account is locked.
- If you are a business and submit an ACH file; we will verify this with you.
- If your debit card is captured in an ATM.
- If your debit card or PIN mailer is returned to the Bank.
- If fraud is suspected on your Merchants Bank debit or credit card.
In these, or similar, situations, we may contact you. If you do not know the bank employee calling you, we encourage you to write down the information being requested and call the person back by dialing your local Merchants Bank office at a number you have verified on your own through a public source, such as a phone book, or call a bank employee you do know personally.
For additional protection, you may set up a privacy code with the Bank. A privacy code is a 4-5 character combination of letters and/or numbers that the Bank will use to identify you over the phone. To set up a privacy code, visit your local Merchant Bank or contact your Customer Service Representative.
Friendly reminder: In order for any communication between you and the Bank to occur, we need to have your up-to-date contact information. Please contact us if you’ve moved or made any changes to your personal contact information, such as discontinuing a landline phone or changing your cell phone number. You may also update your contact information by logging in to Online Banking and clicking on Other Services.
During Security Awareness week, June 1-6, 2015, Merchants Bank will be sharing a fraud prevention tip each day. Visit our blog or Facebook or LinkedIn pages tomorrow for the next article in our Security Awareness Week series.