Where is your dream home? What does it look like? It would be a shame if when you found it, someone else’s offer was accepted before yours because you didn’t have mortgage pre-approval. With mortgage pre-approval you can:
- Be confident when making an offer on your first home
- Know how much money you can borrow
- Show home sellers and realtors that you are serious about making and offer and ready to move forward today
- Potentially be selected over other home seekers who make an offer who haven’t been pre-approved
Apply for Pre-Approval Now Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced mortgage lenders, or choose a lender and start the process by applying online. Get started.
Start Saving for Your Down Payment According to RealtorMag, it can take an average of 12 and half years for first-time homebuyers to save a 20% down payment for a house.* You can start saving more each day with a Home Buyer’s Certificate of Deposit.** This CD is a smart way to put away money for the future:
- Interest compounds quarterly, and the CD is renewable every 12 months.
- Higher rate than a normal 12-month CD.
- Early withdrawal penalties are waived if the money is used to purchase a residential property financed by Merchants Bank.
- Start with a $100 minimum deposit and then continue with a minimum deposit of $100 per month.
Click here to start the process for opening your Home Buyer’s CD today.
Loans are subject to credit approval.
**12 Month Home Buyer’s CD requires a $100 minimum opening deposit and a $100 minimum monthly deposit. Additional deposits may be made at any time. Withdrawals prior to maturity will not be subject to penalty if the funds are used to purchase a primary residence that is financed through Merchants Bank, unless funds are withdrawn within 6 days after initial deposit. In this case there is a minimum penalty of 7 days interest. If funds are withdrawn prior to maturity for any other reason a penalty of 180 days interest will be assessed. When funds are withdrawn, either prior to or at maturity, the entire balance must be withdrawn. Partial withdrawals will not be allowed. Mortgage loan is subject to credit approval.