- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 can cooked wild rice (or 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 can mushrooms
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 pint half and half (or regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup pimento
- 1 quart milk
- 5 tsp parsley flakes
Wash and cook rice. Set aside. Cook chicken. Set aside. Boil the green pepper, onions and celery with 1/2 tsp salt. Cream flour and margarine and add the remaining ingredients, including the rice and chicken. Warm through. Excellent served with croissants.
Makes a large batch. Leftovers may be frozen. Reheat slowly, stirring constantly. It may be necessary to thin with cream or milk.
Merchants Family Cookbooks are available at all Merchants Bank locations for $15. Proceeds benefit local food shelf programs.