- 1 can artichoke hearts, whole or quartered (not packed in oil), cut in small pieces, reserve juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- garlic to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- imitation crab meat, optional
Saute spinach, oil and vinegar in pan over low heat. This should only take a few minutes – do not overcook! In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and artichoke pieces; add approximately 2 tablespoons of juice from can of artichokes. Add remaining ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Serve with baguette bread, crackers, bagels or breadsticks. You can also add imitation crab meat. This dip can be served cold or warm.
Cook’s note: To serve warm: Top with more cheese and bake in pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Add parsley to garnish.
Merchants Family Cookbooks are available at all Merchants Bank locations for $15. Proceeds benefit local food shelf programs.