With the continuing evolution of technology, mobile phones and tablets are becoming prevalent in their use, taking the place of computers for many people. We want to remind you that it is equally as important to protect your mobile phones and tablets with antivirus and anti-malware apps as it has been to protect your computer.
This need for protection has been brought more into focus lately with a malware that locks devices attacking the users/customers of larger financial institutions. While we believe that community banks like Merchants are low on the priority list of these attacks, we still want you to be prepared.
The good news for iPad and iPhone users is that there isn’t any need for the use of antivirus and anti-malware apps. It has been taken care of in the design of the device.
For Android devices, like non-Apple phones and tablets, there are a number of different of apps that can be used to combat viruses and malware. We’ve listed a number of them in alphabetical order for you and encourage you to research these apps more in depth. You can download all these apps from the “Google play” store:
- 360 Mobile Security – Free.
- Antivirus and Mobile Security – Free.
- Antivirus Mobile Security – There are paid versions available.
- AntiVirus Security Free by AVG – Free.
- BitDefender AntiVirus Free – Free.
- Dr. Web Antivirus – There is a free version and paid version.
- Hornet AntiVirus Free – Free.
- Lookout Security & Antivirus – Free.
- Mobile Security Antivirus FREE – Free.
- Norton Security Antivirus – There is a free version and paid version.
- NQ Mobile Security & Antivirus – There is a free version and paid version.
- Mobile Security and AntiVirus by Avast – There is a free version and paid versions.
- Mobile Security and Antivirus by ESET – There is a free version and paid version.
- Zoner AntiVirus Free – There is a free version and paid version.