Credit card processing can benefit any business
Should your business accept credit or debit card payments? Big or small, brick and mortar or in-home business, thousands of employees or only two…the answer is yes! Businesses of all sizes can benefit from the ease and versatility of accepting credit or debit cards anytime, anywhere you choose. Here are the top three reasons you should accept credit or debit card payments:
- Convenience – Being able to accept major credit cards is expected by most of your customers. In TSYS’s 2013 Consumer Payment Choice Study, over half of respondents preferred a debit card as their overall payment method and 35% preferred a credit card. By using Merchants Bank’s Credit Card Processing, your business can meet customer expectations and provide options for accepting payments that are convenient for both you and your customers. Merchants Bank offers a variety of options for collecting payments including counter-top card readers, website interfaces and mobile card readers.
- Increase Sales – Accepting credit or debit cards greatly broadens your potential customer base to customers who no longer carry cash or checks with them. In addition, customers who pay by card can easily make impulse purchases without needing extra cash on hand or writing a larger check. Not offering this type of payment option could result in lost sales opportunities.
- Simple Pricing and Local Service – We understand that each business is unique, so we will work with you to determine the credit card processing pricing structure that makes sense for your business. Merchants Bank offers easy to understand, “all-in-one” discount fees based on the average dollar amount of your customer transactions (which is your average ticket size). Equipment costs will vary depending on your needs. As always, you’ll receive service and support from local bankers you know and trust. We promise to work with you to keep your costs as low as possible and customize Credit Card Processing to fit your individual business needs.
Credit card processing is subject to credit approval.
Emily Buxengard, Credit Card Assistant
You could be earning 2x, 3x, 4x or more points on purchases when you use your Visa ScoreCard Credit Card. Did you know that you can earn bonus points by making purchases with your card at participating retailers? “If you have a Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard Credit Card you are automatically enrolled in our ScoreMore program,” says Emily Buxengard, Credit Card Assistant. “It’s so easy to earn bonus points and there are thousands of retailers participating in ScoreMore.”
Here’s how to find out which retailers are participating and how to activate bonus points:
- Go to www.scorecardrewards.com and sign in to your ScoreCard Rewards account. Or, when viewing your Credit Card account online through www.mycardstatement.com, click on the Rewards Points link at the bottom of your home screen.
- Click on the ScoreMore icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Find a retailer by:
- Using the Search function on the right side of the screen.
- Clicking View all Retailers and then using the alphabetical retailer index above to browse.
- To activate bonus points:
- For online purchases: Click on See Details under the retailer’s bonus points offer and then on Click here to activate. You will be taken to the retailer’s website where you can browse for products. When you complete your purchase using your Visa ScoreCard Credit Card, bonus points will automatically be added to your account.
- For in-store purchases: Click on the blue Activate button on the right side of the screen. The button will turn green and show bonus points are active and display an expiration date for the offer. When you complete your purchase in-store using your Visa Scorecard Credit Card bonus points will automatically be added to your account.
To redeem your points for everything from movie tickets to a Caribbean cruise, shop our selection of items at http://www.scorecardrewards.com. For help activating ScoreMore bonus points, contact our Credit Card Department directly at (507) 457-1160. After bank hours, weekends, or holidays, please call 1-800-854-0790. Click here for more information on all of Merchants Bank’s Visa Credit Cards and how to apply today. All credit cards are subject to credit approval.
* Qualifying ScoreMore Transaction shall mean: 1) a purchase transaction made with Your Account; 2) a transaction that takes place at eligible, participating Retailer locations (“In-store Purchases”) or through eligible links to participating Retailer websites accessed via the ScoreMore link on http://www.scorecardrewards.com (“Online Purchases”); 3) a transaction that meets Retailer qualifications as disclosed in the Retailer Offer (“Retailer Offer(s)”) on the ScoreMore web pages. PIN purchases do not qualify for ScoreMore Point earnings. Only signature transactions qualify for ScoreMore Point earnings when made with Your participating Account.
*ScoreMore Points for qualifying In-store Purchases are typically awarded within seven (7) days of transaction posting; Points for Online Purchases are typically awarded within thirty (30) days of transaction posting. Awarding of Points for some Retailer Offers may require additional processing time. Points for Travel Retailer Offers are awarded when travel is completed.
Are you and your student prepared for the fall semester?
Before your student heads off to school, give them a crash course in Money 101. Merchants Bank has a number of options to help ease your student into financial freedom including checking and savings accounts, Online and Mobile Banking and more.
First, make a plan. Discussing college costs with your child is a must. Help him or her understand all school-related expenses – tuition, books, housing, gas (if he or she will have a car on campus), food, and much more – and which costs you or your child is responsible for. If your child received financial aid, how will that affect paying for college? Explaining the basics and setting expectations up front will make future money discussions easier. Of course, don’t forget to explain what a budget is and set one.
…and stick to it. Maintaining a budget is a skill your child will need to learn. What tools can you use to help him or her stay on track? With Merchants’ eChecking or Free Checking, students have free access to Online and Mobile Banking to track account activity 24/7. In addition, using a feature such as Manage My Money through Online Banking, can help students understand how they spend their money, set alerts when accounts hit a certain balance and much more.
Talk about banking options. Giving your child an overview on the types of banking accounts, services and cards is a good place to start. Most students will need a checking account, so review basic account features and potential fees (overdraft, ATM and otherwise). A Merchants Bank Customer Service Representative at your local branch is a good resource for this conversation. If your student will be living away from home, discuss how they can review their accounts online or on their smartphone and where they can take out cash when they need it. Merchants Bank offers fee-free ATM service at all of our locations, as well as Kwik Trip and Kwik Star locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
For more information about specific accounts and services, click on the appropriate link below or contact your local branch.
What do you need to do to access Merchants Bank’s Mobile Banking? Simply, you need to make sure you are enrolled in Merchants Bank’s Online Banking and then log into your account.
If you are a first-time user, simply go to the Merchants Bank home page and click on “Enroll” in the upper left hand corner. You can also find an informative “Demo” there.
Once you’ve enrolled, go to “Other Services” and click “Mobile Banking” to complete the enrollment process. You can download the free app you need for your Android or Apple phone or tablet device at our website. You can also download Merchants Bank’s free mobile app through your mobile phone or tablet device. The free Android app is available at the Google Play store and the free iPhone or iPad app is available at the Apple App Store or on iTunes.
Once your app is in place, you will be able to enjoy these Mobile Banking benefits:
- Check account balances.
- View recent transactions.
- Transfer funds.
- Find Merchants Bank branch and ATM locations.
- Contact Merchants Bank Electronic Banking customer support.
If you’d prefer to utilize text banking, you can do so without downloading an app. Our Electronic Banking Department will be able to help you.
If you have any questions, please give our Electronic Banking Department a call at 866-496-0522.
Looking to use your Merchants Bank Debit card free of charge to obtain cash or check account balances? Try these:
- Merchants Bank owned ATMs
- Fee Free cash at any one of more than 400 Kwik Trip or Kwik Star locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Iowa.
- MoneyPass ATMS where you won’t be assessed a surcharge fee by the bank at MoneyPass ATMs. A foreign surcharge fee may still apply. You can find a MoneyPass location, or access locations through an iPhone or Android app, by starting here.
Plus, remember you can also get cash back when using your Merchants Bank Debit Card at most point of sale locations
The best part about the holiday season is seeing the joy on the faces of your loved ones when they open the gift that you bought for them. Do you know how you can make this even better? Use your Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard to make your holiday purchases and get a gift for yourself.
Did you know that you can use points you receive by using your Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard and redeem them for merchandise, travel rewards, or even toward a gift card to your favorite shopping locations?
Why should the holiday season just be about giving presents to other people when you can treat yourself too? Use the Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard to buy gifts for your loved ones and use the points you earn for yourself.
How do you redeem your ScoreMore points?
All you need is a Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard credit card.
It’s this easy:
- Go to www.scorecardrewards.com
- Login to your account
- Click on the “Go Shopping” button under “ScoreMore”
- Use your ScoreCard Rewards card for all purchases
- Watch your bonus points add up
How to Start:
If you already have a Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard, you’ve already started. Just go to www.scorecardrewards.com and start shopping.
If you don’t yet have a Merchants Bank Visa ScoreCard, apply online or contact us and we can help you apply. Happy Shopping!
Credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Your mom is going to love that holiday gift you bought her, and your grandpa, well, you just can’t wait for him to open your present. What about your dad, have you thought of a good gift for him?
Budgeting for everyone on your holiday list can be difficult, that’s why Merchants Bank has thought of ways to help you track your spending and access your accounts in the palm of your hands.
Merchants Bank Online Banking customers have access to a personal financial management tool, “Manage My Money.”
It’s like having your own personal money management software without having to purchase expensive software. All from the comfort of your home or your office.
You can do a great deal with this free tool, including:
- Follow your net worth and watch the value of your real estate holdings
- Consolidate and track your investments, such as stocks and your 401k
- See where you’re spending your money by tracking your purchases by category or in general
- Generate reports on spending, expenses and credit card utilization
- Set budgets and receive alerts if you go over budget
- Create custom reports especially for you
- Link to your accounts, no matter where they are held
That’s just the beginning, and you’ll find it easy to use. It’s as simple as logging on to your Merchants Bank online banking and then following the prompts for “Manage My Money.”The help doesn’t stop with “Manage My Money.” Merchants Bank Mobile Banking makes it easy for you to get a quick update on your accounts when and where you need it. Using Mobile Banking allows you to get more things done because it’s easy, convenient and fast. With Mobile Banking, you can do all of your banking on the go.
Click here for more information on Mobile Banking or download details.
Don’t forget to budget for everyone on your holiday list. Track spending and access accounts in the palm of your hand with Merchants Bank’s “Manage My Money” and Mobile Banking.
If you need help, just give us a call at (866) 496-0522, and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.